Wednesday 23 October 2013

What is a wedding consultant?



Here at The Umbrella Shop we work with alot of wedding photographers, venues, and of course the bride and the groom themselves for umbrellas for their special day. 

We also work with a Wedding and Events consultancy company, and a few people have asked what they do and what to expect. 

This weeks guest blogger is Alison from Plans and Presents, and she tells us a little bit about what she does as a Wedding Consultant.

Hi, I am Alison Tinlin and the name of my company is Plans and Presents.




I am a Wedding and Events consultancy, and Wedding Blogger for MrsPandP.com 


My job is to be an advisor, a guide and a listening ear to couples to help them find the Venues, suppliers to make their Event perfect.


I also can help source the Dress, the perfect gift and assist with anything other sourcing issues, theming and design.
 

Through my Business I have my finger on the wedding industry pulse by my involvement in weddings and events, and also through my Wedding Blog blogging trends, creative ideas, wedding advice and real weddings. 


I have written for other titles and Blogs in the last year including Wedding Ideas, Huff Post Wedding and Bridal Buyer.


I am highly connected and respected within the Wedding industry with nearly 5 years experience and for the last 18 months I have been the UK’s Number 1 WeddingTweeter.




I see myself as an advocate for new Bridal Businesses and see myself as a bit of a mum nurturing their inherent fabulousness and helping them to fly. 
 

I see myself as someone that takes great pride in their work, and it as an honour and great responsibility to be part of a Wedding day, even in a small way.


With my job I have to have great attention to detail to be able to take a clients vision and make it come alive.


I feel I have a really pleasant demeanour, a positive can do attitude, and I make it my mission to deliver the day that someone has dreamed of.
 

My Top 3 tips for engaged couples are:-

1. Right at the start of your planning, it is important to sit down as a couple to work out the priorities you both have in respect of your Big Day.

You need to decide what elements you really can’t do without, and what you are willing to compromise on. 

It is highly unlikely that you will agree on everything, but it is important that both of you as a couple work together as this will be the most important day of your lives so far.

2. Do lots of research and get the very best wedding suppliers you can afford but within your Budget.

A Wedding Consultant can help you narrow the field down and get you Suppliers most suited to your theme, budget and you.

It’s probably best if you don’t set out into your married life in debt.

3. Always, always, always get wedding insurance.  It will be the best money you will ever spend, especially in this economic climate.

When so many businesses are folding, you really don’t want to be dealing with the stress of Venue or supplier failure in the run up to your day. 

Website: http://www.mrspandp.com
Email: atinlin@outlook.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/plansandpresents
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mrspandp
Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/mrspandpblog

No comments:

Post a Comment